Monday, November 8, 2010

Lambeau Leap

Everyone in my family seems to love Clay Matthews.  As we say, "he's a beast."  I think he may generate the most texts back and forth of any player we have.  This would be one of those plays that gets us excited.  

I just wanted to point out Charles Woodson on this play.  He and Hawk make the deflection, then he races down field to make sure Matthews takes it to the house to make his Lambeau Leap.  He even throws his body at the last couple players chasing him down the field.  It is pretty impressive to see a 13 year veteran, Heisman trophy winner & Defensive MVP fly down the field to put his body on the line to see a teammate score.  Somehow I don't think Dallas has a lot of players who would do that.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for finding that clip!!!

    What a moment! Hawk and Woodson Matthews.

    We have to think of a name for that trio!
    They are not the three stooges.

    The Holy Trinity of Defense?

    I suppose that is too irreverent.

    You got one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think of them as "Playmakers" but I guess that isn't much of a nickname...

    ReplyDelete